Due to the worldwide contingency of the COVID-19 virus, government agencies and entities -such as the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property- were forced to close their doors and hold in abeyance their labor activities, causing a change in prosecution processes and operation of legal procedures.
Dear Clients and Friends,
Today, the Federal Official Gazette has confirmed the Institute's reopening date through a Decree containing strategies to avoid saturation of services and crowds, restarting activities cautiously, gradually and in an orderly manner on July 6th, 2020, meanwhile deadlines will resume one week later on July 13th.
Below please find the main highlights:
- The attention hours for receiving documents will be from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Applicants can only file up to a maximum of 3 applications or briefs by turn.
- Applicants may rejoin the waiting line as many times as he deems necessary;
- The capacity of users in the facilities of the Institute will be reduced, and will have a single access;
- The Institute will carry out a sanitary control of the users its facilities.
- The consultation of files, as well as the attention to the public and audiences in general will be carried out online.
- In cases in which by legal provision the notification should be practiced in a personal manner, a schedule of appointments in the offices of the Institute will be provided.
- Inspection visits and proceedings that require physical presence may be practiced as of July 13th, 2020.
- From the 6th of July to the 10th of the same month, the Institute will receive all kinds of documents, which will be considered as legally filed on July 13th, 2020.
- The priority of applications or promotions will be determined according to the progressive number of receptions corresponding to each of them.
- The Agreements previously issued, in relation to these measures, will be repealed.
- This Agreement will remain in force for six months or until the health emergency is declared terminated by the Ministry of Health.
Our team of specialists will be glad to assist you to resolve any questions regarding the current panorama of IP in Mexico.
We are at your disposal through our official communication channels as well as through our social networks.